Fun Things to See and Do in the Hudson Valley
There are many scenic sites to see in the Hudson Valley but here are a few favorites.
Places to See and Visit in Fishkill
- Boutique Wines and Spirits: Voted the 2020 Winner of Hudson Valley's Best of Awards, this local boutique offers tantalizing wines, spirits and ciders.
- Van Wyck Homestead Museum: This early 18th century Dutch Colonial House is located in Fishkill and served as a military supply depot during the American Revolutionary War.
- Fishkill Golf Course and Driving Range: This picturesque golf course is open to the public and offers a 12-hole2, Par 41, 2,571-yard executive length course, chipping and putting greens, and a sand bunker.
- Fishkill Farms: A century-old, 270-acre apple orchard and vegetable farm with activities for family-friendly outdoor fun.
- Red Wing Park: Just minutes away in Hopewell Junction, this lake has a beach and swimming area, basketball courts, and a playground for a day of recreation. Day and season pass available online.
- Villa Nigrelli: This (nearby) Hopewell Junction Italian restaurant features pizza, pastas, salads and seafood in a nice atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining options.
- Provisions Smoke Haus and Deli: Offering mouth-watering smokes meats and cold cuts, this deli serves breakfast and lunch with many savory options.
- Tiramisu: This Italian eatery features pizza and pasta, and sweets that won't disappoint.
Places to Visit in Rhinebeck
There are many fantastic dining and entertainment options in Rhinebeck, here are a few favorites.
- Aba's Falafel: This cozy Middle Eastern specialty restaurant offers falafels, hummus, salads and soup in a low key, neighborhood cafe.
- Bread Alone Bakery & Restaurant: The bakery sells organic bread and all natural, handmade pastries, alongside the restaurant which offers selections of soup, sandwiches and breakfast items.
- Foster's Coach House Tavern: In operation since 1890, this historic tavern has been serving beer, drinks and delicious pub food for over 125 years.
- Le Petit Bistro: This authentic French restaurant offers fine dining in a lively atmosphere, with savory specialties on the menu including cod, pork schnitzel, and prime NY strip steak.
Places to visit in Beacon
Dia: Beacon: This spectacular, spacious art museum is one of the largest in the country and features the majority of Dia's collection of art, as well as constantly changing exhibitions, projects and events.
Main Street: Strolling Main Street is a fun way to spend the day, visiting its many shops, galleries and dining options.
Bannerman Castle: Take a tour of Bannerman Castle on Pollepel Island, the home of a successful local munitions dealer, Francis Bannerman, who constructed the simulated Scottish castle and residence in 1900.
With Beacon's restaurants ranging from soul food to Nicaraguan and Balkan, there are endless possibilities to enjoy, bringing specialty cuisine straight to your table. There are local flea markets and farmer's markets, offering local crafts and fresh farm goods.
Things to Do in Beekman
The town of Beekman is known for its family inclusion and community events. Here are some highlights.
- Concert in the Park with Noise in the Basement: A fun event with live music and food vendors held in July.
- Family Fun Campfire Nights: These are special evenings for family time and smores making around a community campfire.
- Teen Leadership Council Activities: From game nights to holiday parties, snow tubing to skate nights, these activities are intended to bring the youth together in the community.
All of these wonderful Hudson Valley areas offer something for everyone and if you're planning a move to the Hudson Valley, contact the Val Kerr Team today!